Thursday, January 10, 2008

Addy's my new middle name

Happy Addy Year! er, I mean New Year!

As Addy Chair and President, I've got my hands full right now. I've also got boxes full of 110+ great Addy entries. I have the lucky privilege of peeking at the creative work before even the judges see it, and I can definitely say the judges have a fun yet difficult job ahead of them.

I'd like to say thank you and good luck to all of our talented entrants:

Advisors Advertising, Inc.
Appleton Museum of Art of CFCC
Blue Centaur
Blue Sky Graphic Communications, Inc.
Clear Channel Outdoor
Flaxen
Florida's Blood Centers
Jessica Miller (hey, that's me!)
Kevin Christian Music
NetSource Technologies
Special Publications
Strategic Business Forms, Inc.
Tomes Rabold Advertising & Design, Inc.
Tymn Armstrong
Zed+Zed+Eye Creative Communications

Tomorrow our judges come to town (shhh, their identity is still a secret!) and the grueling judging process will take place Saturday. Then comes what might be the hardest part of being on the Addy Committee: the weeks before we can announce the winners!

Rest easy, though, everyone can get a preview of all of the entries on January 23rd at MCA/Brick City Center for the Arts, at 5:30 pm. You can take all the time you want to look them over without feeling rushed as sometimes happens right before the Gala. We'll have drinks and hors d'oeuvres, so join us!

All this while we are busy planning the Creative Blues Addy Gala, which will be surprisingly fun. We're also planning our Club Mixer that we're co-hosting with FPRA in March. Join us as we mingle with our clubs and AdFed District Government Relations Chairman, Tom Hayes, will come down to brief us on the service sales tax situation. If you're not aware about this imminent potential new tax on advertising services, you definitely need to be there. If you can't make it, give me a call or send me an email, I'll be happy to give you information.

Speaking of information... be sure to pick up an Ocala Business Journal when it comes out in February. There will be a story on the service sales tax issue as well as one on The Greater Ocala Advertising Federation (yes, us!).

It's turning out to be a very "happening" new year and I for one am loving it! Happy 2008!

Onward and upward,
Jessi