Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Whew!

The Addys are over – locally, anyway. I will send up the Gold wins this week to district for judging at that level. Then that's it, whew!

What a flurry of activity that was. I liken it to planning and having a wedding. As I said in my speech, "It takes a village to throw an Addy Gala." Everyone worked so hard and did such great work, the night was a smashing success. I had a blast and the buzz is that everyone else did, too. Willie Green and his band were the highlight for me, the after-show was amazing... intimate, world-class, fun and sexy blues. I wish more people had stayed to enjoy it, it was the best show I've seen in Ocala. Those of us who did will remember it always.







So what now? Quickly on to next month's program. We're having a club mixer with the FPRA and Tom Hayes, AdFed 4th District Government Relations Chairman, is coming to speak with us about the ever-pressing issue of our service sales tax exemption. It's an important topic and I'm pleased to be in the position to bring the news to our community. The mixer will be at MCA on Thursday, March 6th, from 5:30-7:30pm. See our News & Events Blog for more info.

Beyond that... you know, I don't know! Haha. Yes I do. Beyond March we will be planning a media auction as a fundraiser for Go-AdFed and our scholarship.

We are also starting to think ahead to next year... who will be our 2008-2009 Board of Directors? Secretary? Treasurer? Vice President? Programs Chair? Communications Chair? Membership Chair? President?... yes I do think I can be persuaded to do one more year if that's what the members want – but I need help! If you're reading this and haven't been involved lately or at all, you don't know what you're missing! It's rewarding, we are doing so much. I urge you to contact me or anyone on our board to find out how to get involved. It can be in a big or small way, every little bit helps. If things aren't how you'd like them to be, get involved! If things are great and you want to show your appreciation, get involved! If you really don't know, the best way to find out is to get involved!

Did I say get involved?

Onwards and upwards.
GOooooo-AdFed!
Jessi